UNINSPIRED.STRESSED. LONELY.



(MY STORY)

So a few months ago I was feeling really uninspired and at one of my lowest points in life.  We all go through these periods in our lives where we may feel these emotions very heavily, which then may impact the way we communicate or just live our lives. I know for myself I was finding it very hard to even yield myself fully to God and spent more time with myself which amplified all of these negative emotions I was encountering. 


During this period when I was feeling very low, I remember not having a passion to do anything I enjoyed,  not caring to write content, feeling a lot of pressure with other areas within my life and this resulted in me having a serious meltdown that nobody was aware of. I spent time with people but still was left feeling like I was alone. (Does anyone else know what I mean?) I felt like it was completely eating me up on the inside and I couldn't identify why, or what the root cause was which was extremely overwhelming for me because its completely the opposite of my character. 


The first day which I experienced a breakthrough was when my friend invited me to her church, (even though truthfully, I genuinely was not feeling it), but God truly encountered with me and genuinely changed how I felt internally in seconds. I usually love going to Church and enjoy singing, so this day actually allowed me to actively pursue what I usually enjoy doing, which helped me to get back to old the me. Going to church really did help me get out of the funk I was in and I would recommend also that if you feel this way to spend time in the presence of God and allow his fellowship to minister to you. 


I also noticed that actively engaging myself with things helped me a lot also. I forced myself to leave my house and do things I personally enjoyed doing. Such simple things like having a pampering session to make me feel better about myself. I found also I started a new hobby of bullet journalling which I found very therapeutic (being creative while creating an organised space) and as silly as it sounds, I was so happy that I unlocked calligraphy talent that I was unaware of.

Tips I would recommend:
  • Try and talk to someone or write your feelings down - This is is something that I didn't do because I usually don't like being a burden to others but as hard as it is, it probably would have helped me a lot sooner to make sense of my thoughts. 
  • Write out your goals, visions and dreams. - I started to write down my goals for different areas of my life which helped me to become more inspired about life. 
  • Take the opposite approach - when you feel low you tend to want to stay at home a lot , but try and do the opposite and experiment by being spontaneous, by trying out new things or take a walk !
  • Focus on how you are feeling currently - when you are feeling low and uninspired but you always feel like you should be passionate and upbeat about life, can make you feel even worse. So it is okay to recognise that you do feel the way you are feeling. 
  • I just want to encourage anyone who may be feeling like this, that it is normal to feel like this sometimes, but you CAN get back on track and feel positive about whatever you may be doing again.

“Remember, God knows about every tear which comes to our eyes. Christ cares and is concerned about us. Your heartaches are known to Him.”  Lee Roberson

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” – Phil 4:19


Post a Comment

Instagram

Kuro Joseph. Theme by BD.